Old and New

Apparently I still had some photos from my XS that I’d forgotten about. I hate post-processing and so I usually procrastinate about it– hence the great delays between P365 updates. Here’s a few random favorites from the last few weeks and one from my new camera– the Canon Rebel T1i.

I found it on Craigslist for $500 (quite the deal!) — it came with the standard issue kit lens (replacing one of my two lenses that were stolen) and all the usual accessories. The owner says he bought the camera a few months ago, only took it on one outing, and can’t justify keeping it for how rarely he uses it and how many bills he has to pay. Amazing providence of God!!! He even threw in a few SDHC cards and a case that I probably won’t use because it just screams, “Look!! Expensive camera!! Please steal me!!!” I’ve been struggling with paranoia for the last couple days– very uncharacteristic of me. I’m trying to find the balance between healthy fear/wisdom and ridiculosity. Still, very much encouraged by some things my small group leaders said last night. I love wise people who love Jesus.

So without further adieu…

093/365

8.22.11 – 6:58pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon 85mm prime
Notes: My favorite from MJ’s birthday party. Roger helped get the expression for this one by asking him what the twins looked like when they were eating their birthday cake.

094/365

8.25.11 – 10:07 am
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Notes: Je ne sais pas pourquoi, but this set reminds me of “20 Years” by the Civil Wars.

095/365

8.25.11 – 1:57 pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon 85mm prime
Notes: I loooooove that he let me take these. Morrow got a Paper Jamz guitar for his birthday and I’ve been teaching the boys “rockstar moves”– like the Pete Townsend windmill and a few Angus Young trademarks. They’re really into it. Orison’s even created his own alter-ego he calls “Rocker Rocker”.

Here’s a few of my favorites from the Minnesota State Fair on 8.25.11.

096/365

5:35 pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon 75-300mm Telephoto
Notes: Sniped this one at the Lumberjack show.

097/365

7:06 pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55mm

098/365

8:30(ish) pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Various
Notes: I spent a good bit of time obsessing over the lights on the Midway and wishing I’d lugged my tripod along.

099/365

8.26.11 – 5:34 pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon 85mm prime
Notes: The babies were crying inexplicably on date night. So I thought Molly’s super healthy banana muffins would be a good option. I forgot she puts chocolate chips in them. You’re looking at the end result of my foolishness.

100/365– WOO! Can’t believe I made it to 100!!!

8.29.11 – 12:50pm
Body: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: Canon 85mm prime
Notes: He’s walking now. And he looooooooooves this sword.

And presenting!! First post from the new camera!!!

101/365

9.9.11 – 9:23 am
Body: Canon T1i
Lens:  Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Notes: This might be my favorite MJ photo ever. It’s a tough call though. It’s really hard to take photos of Morrow that aren’t instant favorites.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Old and New

1. Hi!! I found your blog through Molly Piper’s. I like photography too!!

I’m wondering how do you make those collages? What *I* do is get my photos on Keynote and work them out there. hehehe…maybe that’s what rookies like me do :P

God bless you!!