One Massive Update

It occurred to me recently that I haven’t updated my blog in over two months. That’s astonishing.. and frankly unacceptable, since I started this year saying I was going to blog at least twice a week. It’s also unacceptable in that I committed to completing my Project 365, and even though one of the main reasons I agreed to take on this project was that I was going to do it in my own time and not be stressed out or constrained by the whole “You have to take and upload a photo every single day” thing, months of time lapsing between updates is just not okay in my book. So I have to apologize, gentle readers, and ask for grace as I try to be a better blogger.

For those of you who are wondering about my trip to Romania, it was amazing but extremely challenging. There were a lot of things I found difficult, for one reason or another, but throughout the entirety of my time away, I keenly felt myself being sustained by a constant stream of God’s grace and the prayers of so many people I love. The Lord did some truly amazing things, especially in the orphanage, and those things made every difficulty infinitely worth it.

Below are a few of my favorite photos that I’ve taken in the time that’s passed since I last updated my P365. Notes are included on each one. I’ve also included several from my trip to Romania near the end. Enjoy!

103/365

8.23.11 – 8:16pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens:  Canon 75-300mm Telephoto
Notes: One of several favorite shots of my favorite local band (Zoo Animal) from their show at the Ritz in Northeast.

104/365

8.23.11 – 9:17pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 75-300mm Telephoto
Notes: Thad and Tyler from Leagues, a new favorite of mine.  If you get a chance to see them live– TAKE IT!

105/365

9.30.11 – 4:16pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: SO hard to choose a favorite from my session with the Sutphens. They’re all such a lovely, photogenic, cheerful bunch. And I just adore that baby girl!!

106/365

9.30.11 – 4:38 pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: BAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Death by cuteness!!

107/365

10.8.11 – 6:38 am
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: These lovely and oh-so-talented ladies are new friends of mine from church. They made their dresses apparently quite some time ago and were kind enough to model them for me. This was, without question, one of the most enjoyable sessions I’ve ever done. So much freedom for creativity, so much loveliness, so little need to worry about things like time constraints. Thanks again, ladies!

108/365

109/365

110/365

10.8.11 – 4:35 pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: Yup, you read the dates right. It was a double session Saturday. CRAZY! But so fun. Love this family from my small group.

111/365

112/365

10.22.11 – 7:51am
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: These next few are from my session with the Brachle family, who are the leaders of my small group and very dear friends of mine. I adore their two girlies and can’t wait to meet the newest addition to the family!

113/365

114/365

115/365

10.22.11 – 2:35pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: Both of these fall photos were taken outside the Hosmer Library after seeing The Poor Nobodys— another amazing local band who I (for some odd reason) didn’t think to photograph.

116/365

Here begins a small collection of photographs from Romania. Enjoy!

117/365

11.5.11 – 12:26pm
Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Canon 18-55mm kit
Notes: Taken from the pedestrian bridge in Oradea, RO.

118/365

11.5.11 – 4:18pm
Body: Canon Rebel t1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: This and the next few are all very sweet Roma (Gypsy) girls in Batar.

119/365

120/365

121/365

11.8.11 – 4:00pm
Body: Canon Rebel t1i
Lens: Canon 85mm
Notes: A man in Petrani prays with two of the American team members.

122/365

11.11.11 – 8:26pm
Body: Canon Rebel t1i
Lens: 85mm
Notes: Why yes, I did overcommit myself on my first weekend back in the States, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Especially this show with Tarlton, Nona Marie & The Choir, and Zoo Animal.

Advertisements